Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Resolutions...Oh Really??

What is it about the New year that motivates people to make resolutions?
Is it because it offers a fresh set of 365 days to create a change?
Is it because the clock starts ticking again?
Is it because it is an opportunity to start afresh?

Well, most of the time these resolutions lose their spirit before we have even stuck up to 25% of what we had determined.
I got a new year wish this time that said ' Very Happy New Year to You, Friend!May all your troubles last exactly as long as your New Year's resolutions! :)'. Ha ha!! How true about resolutions.
The first time I heard that there was this concept about new year resolutions was when I had attended a summer camp after I had completed my 7th std. And yea,from then I had resolved staunchly every year not to bite my nails (I have again resolved). I succeeded finally last year , actually mid of last year and did not bite for exactly 3 months. And then now I am back to my old state!!!
I wonder why is it that we look up to the New Year to resolve. How about starting now? Now is the best time to change. This is the moment if you have realised that a chnage is needed. This is the moment if you think things can become better by a resolution. Why wait?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

U started back because there is a season change ;-).....

Meaning u were in different phase of ur life..lets call it Bliss phase... when u stopped biting the nails and that phase matured in to another new phase
Hence the result!!!

When I was in bliss pahse I lost some awesome kilos and was thin ( oh ya.. can u beleive it)
and Now in the matured phase I had atleast put on 10 more kgs!!!

Idhu eppadi irruku...

Sindhu said...

romba philosophy....btw, i definitely must see a foto of yrs where u had lost 10 kgs!!!!