Friday, May 26, 2006

Paraphernalia

It's been a while since I posted something here and let me think as to wht I should write about..
I had been to this shopping mall the other day where I saw a small jute exhibition put up. I love jute. It gives a very ethnic, classy feeling. I bought a jute handbag and a few accessories.
Jute gives a very earthy look. I strongly recommend jute with cotton wear. If you are wearing something in cream, you could try wearing a contrast jute accesory..probably jute with orange, jute with maroon. You could also match it with wooden accessories.
Teracotta is another which I like. Teracotta pieces look very good in gardens, in the verandah, balconies... I love these pots that are exclusively teracotta made. Again, these also give a very traditional look. I tried hand painting a small pot and made a few flowers with 'M- Seal' and painted them orange and pink. It does look good.
How about floral bed spreads? I love bright flowers- blue, yellow, green matched with floral curtains. They brighten the room as well as spirits.
I love interior decoration. It gives me a lot of energy and satisfaction when I spend a day cleaning, re-aligning furniture and taking out show pieces and moving them around.

After all, your home reflects what you are!!

No comments: