Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Indeed, a gift for someone you love...

I love chocolates. Chocolate sauce, chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, hot chocolate, chocolate bars, chocolate coffee, chocolate cakes, chocolate burfis, chocolate powder, chocolate biscuits….And I never felt guilty gulping huge chunks of chocolate. Life is to enjoy. And chocolate was created for that purpose- to indulge, relish, sink in the feeling of ecstasy.
I have had this habit of biting into the bars of ‘Barone’ or ‘Five Star’ whenever I felt low. I do not know how I got this habit but it used to make me feel good.
I remember once when I was in my first year of college, there was this lecturer who scolded me for something on which we did not see eye to eye. I was interested in participating in competitions and won many a prize but she would not approve of me doing that. She wanted me to attend classes.
That day, she shouted at me for something similar and that was very harsh on me. I remember sitting on the stairs of my college, chewing into ‘Barone’ and promising that I would win loads of prizes and do well in studies so that exactly after one year, she would change her opinion about me. And I did it!!
I felt good biting into that bar of chocolate. It relieved me of my pent up anger and emotions. I always believed that chocolate was an anti-depressant and would help to settle the mind.
And I was surprised to see the theory in some articles I read that chocolate is indeed an anti-depressant. Wow!! Now that’s some co-incidence. While there are contradictory theories that chocolate is not an anti-depressant, I am clear. Chocolate makes me feel good.
Chocolate is for joy. Chocolate relives you of depression. Chocolate transports you to a different world of sweetness. Chocolate helps you melt in the moment.

Hail the Cacao Bean!!

1 comment:

simon said...

Ah! so you're a chocolate girl!