Friday, May 19, 2006

Nature-Thy name reflects beauty-1

I happened to travel to Bangalore, once through a route I had never taken before. The journey was longer than usual but I must say it was one of the most beautiful routes I had taken. I think I saw some of the most beautiful places one can ever see. It was an almost empty stretch of road with fields on either side, grass swaying to the tunes of the breeze, droplets of rain falling on the windscreen and rolling down, birds flying to their nests….it was breathtaking.
As the road ended, a mountain appeared and the journey continued on the hills. There was a small forest region through which I went. It reverberated with silence and the sound of the car seemed to echo from everywhere. Large trees loomed around and the aroma of herbs floated in the air.
It had stopped drizzling. The road was wet and clean. It curved, sloped and continued to stretch for quite sometime. The sky had gotten cleared and sunshine seemed to stream with gentle ease. As the forest region seemed to reach its border, I entered a small village. And I realized how beautiful nature could be. There were empty pieces of land with fields in between them, mountains bordering on end of the field, tree houses on top of small trees, small brooks running below the road into quite woods, people harvesting crops, tractors carrying people to the fields, goats running merrily, the atmosphere wet with moisture….I felt like settling down right there. People live in sync with nature there.
They might not know what Siebel meant; they might not know what a laptop is; they might not have plush sedans; they might not have malls or multiplexes; they might not have restaurants with valet parking; … but they had something valuable and precious- the gift to live life as it should be- entirely with Mother Nature herself and yes- on top of the world- on a hilltop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cud u plzz mention the route (NH???) and the source frm wher u left... so tht one day I cud also enjoy it..