Monday, June 26, 2006

Into a Different Era...

This is what i used to do after school hours when I was a little girl.
Build castles out of mud
Ride my cycle on the colony road
Play cricket
Climb trees
Play 'Hide and Seek'
Climb sun shades, water tanks
Visit the colony park and swing and slide
Play ‘Pandi’
Play ‘Running and Catching’
Play ‘Cut the Cake’
Play ‘Kallaanga’
Play ‘ Trade’, Chess, Carom, Shuttle, Tennikoid
Play ‘Countries’
Read Phantom comics, Mandrake and Lothar
Skate on the colony road
Try to clumsily water the plants
Run barefoot across the platform and climb compound walls

What do today’s children do after school hours? I see most of them carrying loads of books, running from one tuition class to another, crib about tonnes of home work being given, mug up pages after pages for the examination and most of all, sit in front of the computer!!!!

I am glad I was born in an era when life’s pleasures were simple, where we could find joy sans technology.

No comments: