Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dancing My Way...

I was reading my friend's blog yesterday wherein she had mentioned that writers are able to look at various perspectives of life. I agree with her and would like to state the same about dance. Here, I talk about classical dance. Dance gives expression to life. It enables one to connect to the world around. When a dancer emotes, he/she is able to feel the emotions. It could as simple as relishing the sight of a beauitful flower. Picturise a dancer doing the same thing. You would note that dance brings out each and every aspect of this situation, there exists a range of emotions starting from looking at the flower, being astonished at its beauty and then glancing blissfully at it. In ordinary life, would we realise that we actually go through these feelings? I guess they just happen in a matter of seconds that we hardly realise this.
Dance brings discipline to life. Classical dance requires a good amount of rigour and practice to get flexible and in shape and to get the right postures. A dancer requires the right combination of these to carry off well what he/she expresses. And most of all, it brings grace. I have seen that it is easy for classical dancers to grasp other forms of dance easily. When I mention other forms here, my exposure has been limited to folk, western dance form. Probably, it is beacause of the flexibility that has been built in.
I would like to write more on this subject- something I am passionate about..probably sometime later on.

No comments: