Sunday, March 16, 2008

They Said It...

The other day, at work, one of my colleagues had bought a lot delicious goodies for all of us..chocolate rolls, orange rolls, cakes..she had all this mouth watering stuff placed at her desk asking us to help ourselves with them. And people came over, one after the other..some helping themselves to another round of chocolates. I had had a very tasty chocolate roll and was tempted to go for a second helping when a gentleman crossed her desk. She asked him to help himself with the chocolates. To which he responded, "Thanks but no. Body is a temple" and he marched off.
I realised what I should be doing!!!
**************************************************************************************
I was boarding a lift and in entered a gentleman and a lady. As the gentleman pressed the button to close the lift, it refused to close. He tried pressing it again, this time harder but the lift refused to close. The lady asked him to be gentle saying the lift could be sensitive. To which he responded, "the lift must be a lady to be senstive". Whoa!!

4 comments:

Sreelatha Ramakrishnan said...

hey sindhu you know what you should probably start writing reviews for all the books you read. Bridges of madison county review helped me read one of the most wonderful book i have read so far. If not for you i would have missed on it. So go on if you are still thniking what to post, write reviews i would say. or atleast rate the books you have read from best to crappy.

Sindhu said...

Sheelu, I hv been thinking on those lines for quite sometime...i hope to do it :):)

Sachin R K said...

"Body is a temple"...a different take from my idea of a balanced diet - " A cookie in either hand"... Books read in 2008 - a very impressive list, I must say.

Anonymous said...

I like the 'Body is a temple' part too ! Most times we, atleast I don't realise that it is a temple and keeping flushing it down with too much crap ! I really liked that.

And yes, I second the idea of writing 'Book reviews'. I am going to pick a few from here to read. You should write more often.

Am subscribing to your blog :)