Tuesday, June 05, 2007

05/06/07:)

I like today's date. It is 05/06/07 :) Cool, isn't it? And it also happens to be the 'World Envronment Day'. I remember when I was in Std VI, I had to make a speech in the morning assembly on this topic. And as years passed by, there were more environmental conversation speeches made during competitions. But as I grew, I realised the importance of this conservation. When I reflect back and compare my childhood days, compare what I had read in mythological tales and what I see now, there has been a dramatic transmogrification. And hence, here is a message. It is our duty to conserve the environment that we habitate. Call it social responsibility or belongingness. But the underlying fact is we live here.
If we only pause in our tracks and observe the way nature operates, we would be deriving life's lessons- adaptability, letting go, living in sync, perseverance...the list is endless.

Adaptability- The cactii in the Thar desert and mangroves in rainy forests

Letting go- Pls read my post on the same topic

Living in sync-different species all together in a forest

Perseverance- have you noticed how a plant emerges stronger and lush when it has been chopped off its stems and leaves to get rid of the insects around it?

And as my previous posts go- Nature: Thy name is Beauty!! And yes, it does stand testimony to time.

2 comments:

Ayatekshana said...

well....
the moment
that was at 02:03:04(4 sec past three min past 2 )on 05/06/07 must have been more interesting....
02:03:04:05/06/07

Sindhu said...

Itz a pleasant surprise to see your comment here. Yea...tht must hv been truly interesting:)