Thursday, April 26, 2007

Filling in!!

I was waiting for the lift yesterday and as it landed and the doors opened, I stepped in but suddenly realised there was little space for me. I was taken aback and realized there was a gentleman in the lift with a lot of things strewn around him in huge bags. I found a cartload of cds too. Well, just as I was thinking that he was moving into an apartment, he said his car was broken into and he was moving stuff from the car to the house. Whoa!! Pretty surpised how much a car can hold. I jocularly remarked that I thought he was moving into here. It looked as though he had practically lived a part of his life in the car looking at the amount of stuff he was carrying..made me think what we also do with our cars, the handbags, the office draws. This reminds me of another incident. I was shifting from one desk to another because of some changes in the seating arrangements at work. I was to occupy a desk previously occupied by a gentleman. He was removing his stuff fro there to make space for me. And as I approached, my eyes just popped out. The draw of his desk literally held a fruit market!! There were dozens of bananas, apples and what not! My! The whole office could have bought fruits for lunch from him.
And then there is this joke about a woman's handbag on how she has everything from a lipstick to an organizer in it.
Makes me wonder or rather feel astonished at how we fill in space.

No comments: