Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Culinary Lesson on Life

I was very enthusiastic about cooking pasta. It had been a long time since I made it and that day, I indeed wanted to savour it. After having the tomato puree ready and having chopped onions, I set some water for boiling. Once it boiled, I dropped chunks of macaroni into it. As I was stirring them in the water, I noticed that it took some time for the macaroni to get cooked. And as the water started throwing up bubbles, the macoroni started responding to the temperature by getting softer slowly. And as each moment passed, it got softer until it was just perfect to be mixed with the other ingredients.
And that is where it struck my philosophical bent of mind. Under extreme conditions, the macaroni, already hard and bland, reacted by getting softer and so perfect that lead it to being tasty. Is that how life treats each one of us? Probably extreme situations, mould us to become better individuals to sculpt ourselves better that we already are. Probably extreme situations are created to enable us to realise that we have the capability to handle them and react in a positive manner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ofcourse no doubt in that.. xp it.. feel it.. nothing wrth it..